On 25/11/22 the "Black Friday" campaign will take place and an increase in commercial activity will begin following the inauguration of the Christmas shopping season, in many cases online. Next, we send you security tips to take extreme measures to avoid being a victim of fraud when shopping on the Internet.
When shopping on the Internet, it is important to choose an e-commerce that is safe and reliable, that is, that you know or that you have a reference from friends, family, etc.
If in doubt, check before buying:
- Look for the opinion of other users on the web.
- Make sure it's a minimally presentable/formal website (no misspellings or bad translations, for example).
- Find the contact details and a physical address of the business location.
- Make sure you have sufficient and clear information about the features and prices of the products offered there.
- If the prices are much lower than the real prices, perhaps another indication that we are dealing with a possible unsafe purchase.
- Offers with very low prices, with a timer or number of people who will receive the offer could be scams that seek the compulsive response of buyers or buyers.
- o the checks to verify that this is not the case.
- Website security measures.
- Check that the conditions are correctly reported: the payment and shipping methods available, the cost of transport, the delivery times and the return systems.
- Check if the email address starts with https – this is a security sign. In addition, a drawing of a closed padlock will appear at the bottom of the browser.
- For security reasons, it is preferable that you do not access virtual stores from links sent to you by message or e-mail. It's safer to type the address directly into the browser or save the addresses of the e-commerce stores you use most often to your favorites. This way you will avoid accidentally accessing fraudulent domains that try to simulate the originals by using similar names.
- It is also not recommended to make purchases from public computers and open Wi-Fi networks (without a password).
We are sending you a link that takes you to the PG-ME webpage on safe purchases where you can consult more information.