In front of bank scams and internet
Information related to security advice against bank scams and online shopping internet, so you can keep it in mind:
1. Never provide bank details or personal data through email. If someone asks for this information, make sure you send them through a secure web page or website.
2. Do not make payments through uncertified web pages or directly from emails. Avoid accessing links of unknown destination to avoid scares.
3. Change the access codes from time to time. A secure password must meet the following requirements:
• Use different passwords for each of your important accounts.
• Try to make the combination contain letters, numbers, symbols, upper and lower case.
• Do not use personal or easily deductible information as a password.
• Be sure to enable all security and data recovery options.
4. Do not respond to spam emails (unsolicited messages), as this is the way they verify that email addresses and domains are still active.
5. Avoid installing software of doubtful origin. Do not install applications from unknown pages and always confirm the origin of the software before installing it.