Theft of crane/platformed vehicles, to possibly commit robberies with the embedment system
Information of interest for companies/workshops with vehicles such as cranes or platforms
In recent weeks, an increase in theft of crane/platform type vehicles has been detected, in order to commit large-scale thefts with the embedment system and extensive damage.
To prevent these situations, the Police of the Generalitat - Mossos d'Esquadra recommends that a special provision be made in the custody of company vehicles and that the following safety advice be followed:
- Lock the trucks and do not leave the keys in the same warehouse.
- At the end of the day, close the main and perimeter accesses with all the security systems available.
- If there is an option to leave the vehicles in an outdoor patio or in a closed space, always choose to keep them out of sight of strangers.
- If you detect individuals who keep watch or circulate in the area on a repetitive basis, remember their characteristics (physical features, clothing,
number plates...) and notify the police by calling 112.
- If the vehicle is stolen, it is important to notify the police as soon as possible. A quick response increases the chances of recovering the vehicle and avoiding the commission of another crime.
If you have any questions or provide information, you can contact the PG-ME by calling 112. The police stations are open 24 hours a day.