We inform you of a fraudulent email that circulates where personal data is intended, in order to misuse. The characteristics of the scam are the following:
- An email is received in the name of "Generalitatsocial Girona".
- The subject of the message is "Help by birth"
- The text of the mail is addressed personally, indicating the name, surname and NIE of the recipient.
- In the mail you are asked to send to the email address email@example.com the application form for the child's birth aid (also indicating the name and surname)
- It is warned that if this sheet is not sent, the application will be canceled and the help cannot be charged.
- The application contains the bank details that would allow fraudulent charges.
1. Never provide bank details or personal data through email. If someone asks for this information, make sure you send them through a secure web page or website.
2. Do not make payments through uncertified web pages or directly from emails. Avoid accessing links of unknown destination to avoid scares.
3. Change the access codes from time to time. A secure password must meet the following requirements:
- Use different passwords for each of your important accounts.
- Try to make the combination contain letters, numbers, symbols, upper and lower case.
- Do not use personal or easily deductible information as a password.
- Be sure to enable all security and data recovery options.
4. Do not respond to spam emails (unsolicited messages), as this is the way they verify that email addresses and domains are still active.
5. Avoid installing software of doubtful origin. Do not install applications from unknown pages and always confirm the origin of the software before installing it.