Col·legis i associació d'agents immobiliaris

Certification of *eficiència energetic Of buildings

The April 5, 2013 the central Government published the “Plan State of Fomento of the Alquiler of Viviendas, Rehabilitación, Regeneración and Renovación Urbana (2013-2016)”. Likewise, the April 13, 2013 has published to the BOE the Royal Decree 235/2013 for which approves the basic procedure for the certification of the *eficiència energetic of the buildings.

The Royal Decree fixes the June 1, 2013 as a date from which will be compulsory to have of the energetic certificate for buildings or houses that sell or rent , and for public buildings of more than 500 *m2.

It is working in the tramitació of the Catalan Decree that will regulate the procedure for the certification of eficiència energetic of buildings in Catalonia.

The ICAEN, organism commissioned of gestionar the certification of eficiència energetic of buildings in Catalonia, will have shortly of the procedure by means of which will be able to obtain the energetic label of those existent buildings that have realised the energetic qualification with any one of the tools of certification recognised.


Web: Instituto Catalán de energía

Frequently asked questions about energy certification and certification


I own, I already have the energy efficiency certificate for the property that I want to rent or for sale. And now what do I do? When should I teach the certificate?

According to the legislation, the energy rating of a property must be included in the total offer, promotion and advertising in which the property to be rented or sold must appear. In addition, a photocopy of the original must always be attached to the rental or purchase agreement.