Unanimously approved in Congress a great law that makes life easier for the self-employed
It will allow more autonomous and more job creation to be added.
Madrid, June 29, 2017. “A Law passed unanimously, a great Law that makes life easier for the self-employed has been approved today and we must be very satisfied with the work done,” said Lorenzo Amor, president of ATA. "There is much to work in the Subcommittee but today is a great step." All political groups have approved in the Employment and Social Security Commission the text of the Law on Urgent Reforms of Autonomous Labor. “It is a Law that will improve social protection, the conditions to undertake and resume, which will eliminate obstacles and facilitate the activity. It is definitely a law that gives voice to the autonomous. It will allow more autonomous people to join, consolidate their activity and create more jobs. ”
The Law of measures in favor of the Autonomous Work responds to the requests made by the National Federation of Autonomous Workers - ATA although we will continue to demand in the Subcommittee of the Employment Commission in the Congress more measures that facilitate the life of the self-employed.
Measures to promote entrepreneurship and re-entrepreneurship
• The flat rate of 50 euros is extended to one year, but it can be resumed with a flat rate after two years of having interrupted the activity if you had not benefited before it, 3 if you had already done so. Before we had to wait 5 years. The bonuses of the fee that the flat rate already underway for the twelve months after the twelve months in which the flat rate is established are maintained.
Elimination of administrative obstacles
• Freelancers may change their contribution base up to four times a year to better adapt it to income.
• It is allowed in three high and three casualties per year that the self-employed only pay for the days they have worked, in the month of high or low.
• Social Security surcharges are reduced, and not only for the self-employed, to half of the current 20% to 10% in the first month, in case of late payment of the fee.
• Excessive contribution of people in multiple activity will be returned ex officio without the person having to request a refund.
• The rise in quotas is decoupled from the increases in SMI, corporate and natural persons. It will be determined from now on in the PGE of each exercise, after dialogue with the most representative autonomous organizations.
Improvement of social protection
• 100% pension compatibility and self-employment. Conditioned to have an employee at least.
• Flat rate for women who return after maternity and exemption of 100% of the autonomous fee for 12 months for care of minors or dependents, to ensure a better work and family reconciliation.
• The conditions of people with disabilities to undertake and also of children with disabilities of the self-employed, who may hire them, are substantially improved.
• In-itinere accident is recognized in the self-employed.
• The self-employed will finally have the right to training adapted to their real needs to improve their business consolidation and competitiveness. PRL training and information programs are improved for them through greater participation of autonomous organizations in them.
Taxation and legal certainty
• A 30% deduction of the expenses of water, electricity, electricity and telephone supplies is established when the self-employed person works from home and deductions for maintenance are established affecting the activity of up to 26.67 euros per day as long as they can reliably checked by telematic means (48.08 euros per day if they are outside the Spanish borders).
• The organizations of autonomous workers with greater implementation will be considered of “public utility” and a period of one year is established for their entry into the ESC as well as for the constitution of the Autonomous Labor Council.